About the venue - Penquoit Centre
The Penquoit Centre comprises of two converted historic longhouses set around a courtyard and surrounded by fields and woodland.
This courtyard lends itself to being a natural central 'heart' of the camp - a place where people can hang out together - with indoor and outdoor options - depending on the weather. There is a fire pit by the courtyard too - so we can have communal camp-fire time in the evenings.
The land on which the centre stands includes a range of fields, ancient woodland, direct access to the Cresswell river and the Pembrokeshire National Park. The land is rich in birdlife, river, sea and wildfowl and within easy reach of over 20 beautiful beaches, the Preselli Hills, castles, Tenby and Caldy, riding and canoeing.
We are lucky to have various indoor and outdoor spaces available to us that will give us choices for different things happening at the same time.
There is a table tennis table - this has proved popular with teenagers and adults.
- A large group barn
- A large and beautiful dining area with woodburning stove
- A smaller 'cosy' room – we have ear-marked this for the teens if a number come and they want there own hang-out space
- 2 dormitories (9 beds and 12 beds) – for those who don't want to camp
- 2 small single bedrooms – reserved for people with specific needs
- A sheltered court yard area
- 2 Showers and 3 toilets plus 1 disabled toilet in barn area
- Camping field
- Group fire pit
- Table tennis table
- Slack line